Sunday, December 21, 2008

Biking around the Bay



I went on a wonderful bike ride today with a group of guys who call themselves the W.O.O.F. Pack which stands for "Worn out old farts". They are all in their mid to late 60's and retired. They ride 6 days/week and cover 60-80 miles/day. I joined them in League City and we rode along Galveston Bay for a total of 67 miles. It was wonderful day of touring. The highlight of the day was riding over the Fred Hartmann Bridge. This is one of those experiences that evokes "You've got to be kidding". When they talked about going over the bridge, I was excited but did not realize what it really meant. When I saw the bridge from the distance, I got butterflies in my stomach. We did it. I was glad I was in good enough shape to climb it. It was pretty steep. We saw some pretty scenery and enjoyed many leisurely roads along the bay. It was a good day of fun and enjoyment.

No comments: