Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The baby in the mirror

Anne and I recently visited my parents for a Thanksgiving dinner in Galveston. Lisa gave them a huge gift by bringing Jessica and Sarah to see them. They were thrilled as they had only seen the girls once since they were born. All of the residents at Edgewater made a big show over the little girls. They were real hits. I guess my mother had put out a lot of pre-visit press. When one of the residents saw the girls in their stroller waiting to get into the dining room, they exclaimed "Oh those must be Mary's great grand daughters!".

After dinner, I had the pleasure of holding Jessica while we waited to get on the elevator to go up to their apartment. Anne suggested I show her the baby in the mirror and she took this priceless photo.

I cannot find the words to explain the joy these little girls bring to our family. Not only are they a symbol of pure love; but they demonstrate the union of Jeff and Lisa and their promotion to parents. They are doing a fabulous job.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: