Sunday, July 13, 2008

On being a father

My father has always told me "you never stop worrying about your children, no matter how old they get". That wisdom and experience has really been resounding in recent weeks. My daughter Lisa is pregnant with twins and has entered the stage of physical challenges to carry these babies to full term. She's been in and out of the hospital twice. Her husband Jeff is right beside her all the way.

Lisa is a strong person, both physically and mentally. I have never seen anything challenge her and stress her physically like this pregnancy. Several times, I have bowed my head and wept. I have done the only thing I know to do. I have prayed and asked for prayers. There must be hundreds of people praying for Lisa and Jeff and the unborn babies.

There are more challenges ahead and probably more tears - certainly more prayers. This will draw us together tighter than ever. Lisa and Jeff will depend on each other as never before.

Bob

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks, Dad. We couldn't get through this without you and Mom.